Every subject in this world has its own FAQ’s. So for those who are curious about toenail fungus, or for those who are suffering from it, here are possible questions and clear answers.
1. Who are at risk of nail fungus infection?
Everyone can acquire nail fungus infection, mostly toenail fungus infection. This strikes especially as we grow old and continues to have a bad hygiene
2. Are female more at risk than male?
No. Actually, it is said that men have more incidence of nail fungus infection than woman.
3. Are toenail fungus infection contagious?
They do not transmit from one person to another like viruses and bacteria. However, a person carrying a nail infection can spread it out from the surroundings which can be acquired by people who’s feet are a good breeding ground for fungi.
4. Is toenail fungus infection same with athlete’s foot?
No. There are not the same.
5. Are these two have the same species of fungi?
There are many types of fungi that can cause athlete’s foot and nail fungus. Generally, they cause the same, but species may be different
6. Since they are both fungi, do they have the same treatment?
Generally, anti-fungal creams are prescribed to treat the two. But with severe cases, toenail fungus treatment is different from athlete’s foot medication.
7. I have toenail fungus infection, what is the best toenail fungus treatment I can do or use?
For mild cases of fungi infection, simple anti-fungal oral and topical medication is an efficient toenail fungus treatment. For those who have long-term and severe cases, the best thing to do is to consult your doctor.
8. I have a mild case of nail fungus infection. What practical medications can I use?
Several methods of toenail fungus treatment are available even in your own home. Acidic substances like vinegar and or acid juices can be used. Just soak your feet in the solution for few minutes every day until your feet is healed. Another practical toenail fungus treatment infection is to prepare a foot soak with alcohol.
9. Are there types and severities of toenail fungus infection?
Yes. There are actually four types toenail fungus infection. These are distal subungual onychomycosis, white superficial onychomycosis, proximal subungual onychomycosis and candidia. Visit your doctor to know what type of nail fungus you are infected with.
10. What can my doctor do for me?
Your doctor can prescribe you simple anti-fungal creams, ointment or oral medication. For severe cases, laser treatment and surgery is done.
11. Can I take antibiotics?
No. Antibiotics are for those people who are infected by bacteria. Taking antibiotics may aggravate your fungal infection as it alters the chemical balance in your body.
12. What food supplement can I take to combat fungus infections?
You can take multivitamins to strengthen your immune system. Vitamins and minerals have their own specific way to contribute a strong immune system. In this way, you will be able to defend yourself before fungal attacks your body or have a body mechanism to fasten the healing process.